Welcome to the Centre for Young Musicians Taunton
- CYMT is based at Richard Huish College, Taunton, Somerset UK.
- All children aged 5 - 18 interested in music can join, from beginners to advanced, and there are no auditions.
- Students have regular opportunities to perform any styles of music they wish.
- CYMT supports all students with a friendly, welcoming and all-inclusive atmosphere.
- The broad curriculum offers students a range of challenges and much fun with like-minded young musicians, including music production for secondary aged students.
- A wide variety of musical activities are available: aural training, brass group, composition, general musicianship, bands, history of music, music production, theory of music, percussion group, orchestra, piano workshops, singing ensembles, string group, woodwind group & more.
- Individual lessons are available in singing, piano, guitar, bass guitar, drums, recorder, saxophone, harp, music production and all orchestral instruments. Find out more via the tabs above.
- On Saturdays in term time, from September through to July, spread over 30 Saturdays.
- Students can join at any point in the academic year and no audition is required.
- Usual Saturday timings are 9.00 start until around 11.45 / 12.45 / 1.45 depending on how many music-making activities a student chooses.
- The academic year begins with an Activities Day / Induction Day where students meet each other, their teachers and get to know their surroundings.
- Fun and friendly, all-inclusive workshops each Saturday in term time.
- Inspirational and approachable professional music tutors who are all passionate musicians and all DBS checked.
- Exciting music in many different musical styles to be learned.
- Option to progress through music exams - practical, theory and music production.
- Performance opportunities for soloists and groups.
- CYMT supports schools and teachers to achieve the best possible music outcomes for students and the community.
READ CYMT'S LATEST NEWSLETTER: click here!
Sat 8 Feb: CYMT soloists' concert & OPEN DAY. Concert at 12pm in the Willow Cafe at Richard Huish College, Taunton, and it's free, all welcome. Please book your Open Day visit with the office: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07754217993 for info.
Sat 29 Feb: CYMT's 6th birthday! Party at 11.45-12.45 in the Main Hall at Richard Huish College Taunton. Please contact the office if you would like to be a part of the celebrations: email@example.com or call 07754217993 for info.
CYMT Summer Holiday Course 2020 will be an action-packed week of fun workshops in music, drama & much more, for all 10-18s. It will take place from Mon 3 Aug to Fri 7 Aug, 9.45am to 4pm daily at Richard Huish College. To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online application form.
Want to join CYMT for our academic year courses? All are welcome, aged 5-18 and interested in music, all levels - beginners to advanced.
CYMT is an Artsmark Partner and Rachael Parvin, Head of CYMT, would welcome contact from any educational setting on its Artsmark journey.
Please get in touch via 07754 217993 or email@example.com
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to CYMT and Mailchimp for processing. For information about CYMT's privacy practices, please visit our website. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.
Centre for Young Musicians Taunton (a division of the Guildhall School of Music & Drama) is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of any personal data held by the Centre. We will never share your information with third parties. Your data will be stored securely and you will be able to instruct us to remove your data by contacting us anytime.
Centre for Young Musicians Taunton
a division of the Guildhall School
Would your child like to study music on Saturdays? CYMT has so much to offer all under one roof and we hope you will consider the Centre for your musical child. All children aged 5 - 18 interested in music can join, from beginners to advanced, and there are no auditions. Students have regular opportunities to perform any styles of music they wish, and the centre supports all students with a friendly, welcoming and all-inclusive atmosphere.
The Guildhall School (London) has forged excellent relationships with Sound Foundation Somerset, the county's music education hub, and Richard Huish College Taunton to provide a brilliant progression route for young musicians.
Launched in March 2014, the Centre for Young Musicians Taunton provides workshops and band practices with top music practitioners and industry professionals for all committed young musicians aged 5-18 on Saturdays in term time. Every student has a personalised programme and there are regular gigs, concerts and performances. Students make friends and have fun creating, collaborating and producing music together in a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere. Winner of Creative Industries Award at Taunton Deane Business Awards 2019.
SAFEUARDING of all students and staff is of the utmost importance at CYMT. The Designated Safeguarding Lead is Rachael Parvin firstname.lastname@example.org and the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is Sarah-Jane Cross email@example.com. All staff and volunteers receive training in Safeguarding and Prevent Duty, and all staff, volunteers and parents are made aware of the Safeguarding Policy of Guildhall School of Music & Drama, which can be found at this link.
Find out more via the tabs above or feel free to contact CYMT: 07754 217993 | firstname.lastname@example.org