Welcome to the Centre for Young Musicians Taunton
- Saturdays in term time at Richard Huish College, Taunton.
- All children aged 5 - 18 interested in music can join, from beginners to advanced, and there are no auditions.
- Students have regular opportunities to perform any styles of music they wish.
- CYMT supports all students with a friendly, welcoming and all-inclusive atmosphere.
- The broad curriculum offers students a range of challenges and much fun with like-minded young musicians, and now includes music production for secondary aged students.
- A wide variety of musical activities are available: aural training, brass group, general musicianship, bands, history of music, music production, theory of music, percussion group, orchestra, piano workshops, singing ensembles, string group, woodwind group & more.
- Individual lessons are available in singing, piano, guitar, bass guitar, drums, recorder, saxophone, harp and all orchestral instruments. Find out more via the tabs above.
- On Saturdays in term time, from September through to July, spread over 30 Saturdays.
- Students can join at any point in the academic year and no audition is required.
- The CYMT Summer Holiday Course 2019 includes music & drama. Taking place from Monday 12 to Friday 16 August 2019 at Richard Huish College, Taunton, the course is open to students aged 10-18 there will be bands, orchestra, music production, singing, theory of music, drama, and lots more. Excellent value for the full week at £295 per student. Find out more here & apply online at www.cymtaunton.org.uk/application
- Usual Saturday timings are 9.00 start until around 10.30 or 11.45 or 1.45, depending on how many music-making activities a student chooses.
- The academic year begins with an Activities Day / Induction Day where students meet each other, their teachers and get to know their surroundings.
- Fun and friendly, all-inclusive workshops each Saturday in term time.
- Inspirational and approachable professional music tutors who are all passionate musicians and all DBS checked.
- Exciting music in many different musical styles to be learned.
- Option to progress through music exams - practical, theory and music production.
- Performance opportunities for soloists and groups.
- CYMT supports schools and teachers to achieve the best possible music outcomes for students and the community.
READ CYMT'S LATEST NEWSLETTER: click here!
Sat 14 September first day of CYMT Autumn Term 2019.
Want to join CYMT? All are welcome, aged 5-18 and interested in music, all levels - beginners to advanced.
CYMT is an Artsmark Partner and Rachael Parvin, Head of CYMT, would welcome contact from any educational setting on its Artsmark journey.
Please get in touch via 07754 217993 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to CYMT and Mailchimp for processing. For information about CYMT's privacy practices, please visit our website. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.
Centre for Young Musicians Taunton (a division of the Guildhall School of Music & Drama) is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of any personal data held by the Centre. We will never share your information with third parties. Your data will be stored securely and you will be able to instruct us to remove your data by contacting us anytime.
Centre for Young Musicians Taunton
a division of the Guildhall School
Would your child like to study music on Saturdays? CYMT has so much to offer all under one roof and we hope you will consider the Centre for your musical child. All children aged 5 - 18 interested in music can join, from beginners to advanced, and there are no auditions. Students have regular opportunities to perform any styles of music they wish, and the centre supports all students with a friendly, welcoming and all-inclusive atmosphere.
The Guildhall School (London) has forged excellent relationships with Sound Foundation Somerset, the county's music education hub, and Richard Huish College Taunton to provide a brilliant progression route for young musicians.
Launched in March 2014, the Centre for Young Musicians Taunton is open to all committed young musicians aged 5-18 to attend on Saturdays in a sustained programme of weekly training comprising ensemble work including orchestra and bands, singing, instrumental lessons, music technology, history of music, theory of music, and aural classes, all taught by a high quality team of dedicated and enthusiastic tutors.
Find out more via the tabs above or feel free to contact CYMT: 07754 217993 | email@example.com